Expand Your Knowledge of Essential Oils
Chemicals are everywhere. From the chemicals in our felt tips and cleaning products to chemicals in the cars we drive and the walls in our homes right through to our skincare and personal care products. Many we are exposed to unknowingly, some we know about but cannot control and many we have the power to chose whether or not we want the exposure.
This program has been designed to help you understand the ability we each have in our everyday lives to control such exposures and which of these many chemicals we can eradicate with ease.
In this module we start to understand why a chemical-free lifestyle is important for long-term health and longevity. We look into the areas we are being bombarded by chemicals, many of which have not been tested for their accumulation effect or toxicity levels. We take a look at obesogens and the 10 ways to drop chemical calories, as well as investigating the truth on beauty and the whole anti-aging scam.
- Name the six main areas for good health
- Understand the detrimental effects chemicals are having on our health
- Describe obesogens and know what they do to the body
- Name the majority of classified obesogens
- Advise of the 10 best ways to drop chemical calories
- Disclose the truth on beauty
- Describe the three categories of natural
- Name the questionable ingredients in skincare and why
- Discuss the anti-aging scam
In this module, we look at the significant impact environmental toxins are having on our health. We take a look at how various bills and acts have become legislation only to discover they are not protecting us as much as they should. We take a look at some of the common toxic culprits in the home and investigate how we can make a difference by looking at what we can do in our own homes.
- Understand the history of government regulations
- See how Rachel Carsen sparked a grassroots environmental movement in 1962
- Why the Toxic Substances Control Act has failings?
- How to spot industry fronts
- Know what ‘astroturfing’ means
- Explore some of the hidden toxins found in the home and how to limit them
- Understand the links between the environment and our genes
In this module we take a look at how skincare has evolved over the centuries and how the industrial revolution has impacted today’s idea of what true skincare is all about considering the barrage of synthetic ingredients on the market today. With this in mind we delve into what the word ‘natural’ actually means. We look at some powerful skin facts and why skincare rituals are an important part of self-care. We look into the importance of ingredients including skin ‘nasty’s’, skin ‘goodies’, soaps and antiperspirants and how aromatherapy supports natural skincare in a very potent and powerful way.
- Discuss how skincare has evolved through the centuries
- Explain the role of the FDA in skincare
- Explain the basic structure and function of the skin
- Refer to the EWG for ongoing information and education regarding natural skincare
- Describe the most common skin “nasty’s” and skin “goodies”
- Know which oils are best for well-known conditions
- List which oils have the best skincare qualities
In this module we delve into the beauty industry and get up close and personal with various beauty perspectives. We look into the best things to age gracefully and explore the basic skincare rituals and the boosting rituals for extra support. We check out goodies in the kitchen, men’s skin, top hair care rituals and look into why commercial perfume should be avoided. We investigate the best home spa rituals and what it truly means to relax and indulge. And finally we check out exactly what cosmetic and appearance medicine is and natural alternatives to going under the knife.
- Create your own definition of beauty
- Understand the aging gracefully checklist
- Understand the generic classification of skin types
- Perform basic skincare rituals using natural products and essential oils
- Know how men’s skin differs
- Apply different hair care rituals
- Know why perfume is so toxic
- Set up and perform many home spa rituals
In this module, we take a deep look into nutrition and what good eating actually means when it comes to self care. We look at how we can grow the best possible skin no matter what our age. After delving into the importance of cell communication we take a close look at nature foods vs. technology foods and common misconceptions about common foods. We look at the sort of foods your skin loves and the top super foods as well as supplements to give your body the time it needs to flourish.
- Understand the basics of good healthy nutrition
- Describe why cell communication is imperative for glowing skin
- Explain the difference between nature foods and technology foods
- Point out the common misconceptions about common foods
- Describe in detail the nutrients the skin loves
- Explain how antioxidants help slow down aging
- Name ten top skin super foods
- Understand the importance of supplementation
- Describe how to make Kims Ultimate Daily Health Elixir
Kim’s courses have enabled me to incorporate essential oils into my family’s life, and the impact has been profound. Thank you for creating these amazing programs!
Thank you SO MUCH! You have opened my eyes to a world of possibilities, and helped me overcome barriers and challenges that have plagued me for years! You’re a shining star.
Using essential oils while studying has helped me keep focus and ultimately achieve better results. Thank you for making the power and use of essential oils so easy to understand.